Felis ISSN 2398-2950
Contributor(s): Vetstream Ltd, Rosemary Fisher
- Burmese shaped cats in various colors and patterns produced originally from a cross between Chinchilla and Burmese Burmese.
- The Asian Group of cats consists of five varieties: Self, which includes the Bombay (Black Self) plus the 16 other recognized self and tortie colors; Asian Smoke; Asian Shaded, called Burmilla; Asian Tabby, which includes Ticked, Mackerel, Spotted and Classic tabby patterns; and the semi-longhaired version which is called the Tiffanie.
- All five varieties have Championship status.
- Lively and friendly, very much like a Burmese in temperament.
- Shorthaired Asians need minimal grooming, Tiffanies only slightly more.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Visit the Cat Fanciers' Association website to search for details of CFA Affiliated cat clubs - www.cfa.org.