Equis ISSN 2398-2977
Contributor(s): Bob Langrish
- Welsh Pony .
- Section B of the Welsh Pony stud book.
- Originated in Wales.
- Larger than the Welsh Mountain Pony Welsh Mountain Pony .
- Also known as the Merlin, which was the name of the small Thoroughbred stallion used to develop the breed in the nineteenth century: a direct descendent of Darley Arabian.
- Good riding pony and jumper.
- Versatile with a good action.
- Gentle and kind.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
Other sources of information
- Hendricks B L (1995) International Encyclopedia of Horse Breeds. University of Oklahoma Press. ISBN: 8-8061-2753-8.
- Ball C (1994) Horse and Pony Breeds. Quintet Publishing Ltd. ISBN: 1-85076-500-6.
- Hartley Edwards E (1994) The Encyclopedia of the Horse. Dorling, Kindersley. ISBN: 1-7513-011-59.
- Welsh Pony and Cob Society, 6 Chalybeate Street, Aberystwyth, Dyfed, SY23 1HS, UK.
- British Horse Society, British Equestrian Center, Stoneleigh, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2LR, UK.