Equis ISSN 2398-2977
Surgery: suture patterns - tendons
Contributor(s): Steve Adair, Debbie Archer, Graham Munroe
- Lacerations of flexor Flexor tendon: trauma and extensor tendons Extensor tendon: trauma are common.
- Research has demonstrated that the three-loop pulley tenorrhaphy produces a strong repair and is the most resistance to gap formation.
- Alternatives include single/double/triple locking loop sutures. The triple locking loop is similar in strength to the three-loop pulley pattern but is technically more difficult to apply.
3-loop pulley tenorrhaphy
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to purchase a 30 day trial, or
- Recent references from PubMed and VetMedResource.
- Easley K J et al (1990) Mechanical properties of four suture patterns for transected equine tendon repair. Vet Surg 19 (2) 102-106.