Bovis ISSN 2398-2993
Failure of milk let down
Contributor(s): Owen Atkinson, Vetstream Ltd
, Sophie Mahendran
Print off the farmer factsheet on Failure of milk let down to give to your clients.
- Cause: various.
- Signs: partial or complete absence of milk flow.
- Diagnosis: clinical examination.
- Treatment: depends on the etiology.
- Prognosis: variable.
- Agalactiae is: the failure of lactation (milk production) after parturition. Agalactiae primary
- Failure of milk ejection/letdown refers only to the let down process and is the focus of this article.
- Various factors may be involved:
- Poorly maintained milking equipment.