- Pituitary extract (posterior lobe).
Class of drug
- Myometrial stimulant.
- Stimulates contraction of estrogen-sensitized myometrium and mammary epithelial cells.
Should not be used when the dystocia is related to faulty fetal disposition or feto-maternal disproportion.
- Control of postpartum hemorrhage.
- Speed up uterine involution immediately after parturition.
- Clearance of uterine discharge.
- Removal of placenta.
Other reported reactions
- Swelling and sloughing at the site of injection.