- Cause : exogenous glucocorticoids, hyperadrenocorticism.
- Signs : asymptomatic, elevation in liver enzymes or very occasionally hepatic failure.
- Diagnosis : history of glucocorticoid use, signs, histopathology.
- Prognosis : very good; reversible on removal of excess steroid.
- Skin and haircoat changes.
- Signs of liver dysfunction.
- Inflammatory hepatopathies.
- Good - reversible on elimination of excess steroids.
- Hepatocellular glycogen slowly diminishes over time.
Expected response to treatment
- Resolution of clinical symptoms of hepatic disease. Hepatic histopathology resolves - time scale depends on degree of damage.