- Cause : hyperandrogenism?
- Signs : hyperplasia of that region on dorsal surface of tail which bears simple rather than compound hair follicles, numerous sebaceous and hepatoid glands; may become infected.
- Diagnosis : clinical signs, age of onset, histopathology.
- Treatment : none needed in most cases, castration in severe cases.
- Prognosis : good.
- Thickening and alopecia of skin of 'tail gland' region.
- Greasy, scaly +/- hyperpigmented.
- Hepatoid adenoma of tail gland region.
- Good although lesion may become infected.