- Dinoprost tromethamine.
Class of drug
- Derivative of arachidonic acid, synthetic prostaglandin F-2(alpha). Primary action is regression of the corpus luteum.
- Regression of the corpus luteum.
- Induction of estrus in mares with persistent luteal function.
- Control of cyclical ovarian activity in polyestrus species.
- Termination of pregnancy before day 35.
Other reported reactions
- Transient sweating.
- Decreased rectal temperature.
- Increased heart rate.
- Increased respiratory rate.
- Abdominal discomfort.