Class of drug
- Mimics the effects of progesterone, preparing and maintaining the female reproductive tract for implantation and pregnancy.
- Preparation of the female reproductive tract for implantation and pregnancy.
- Synchronization of estrus in a group of animals.
- Control of oestrus facilitating the use of artificial insemination.
Other reported reactions
- Cystic endometrial hyperplasia.
- Mucometra or pyometra.
- Adrenal cortical suppression.
- Hypoadrenacortical syndrome on withdrawal of the drug.
- Change in temperament.