- May be congenital or acquired.
- Cause : lack of digestive enzymes and/or bile acids.
- Signs : small intestinal diarrhea and, sometimes, colitis .
- Diagnosis : signs, specific laboratory tests, fecal examination.
- Treatment : supplementation of appropriate enzymes if possible, dietary modification.
- Prognosis : may be good - dependent on specific etiology.
- Poor body/coat condition.
- Depends on etiology but can be good with appropriate therapy.
Expected response to treatment
- Weight gain.
- Normalizing of feces.
- Restoration of normal appetite.