- Taxonomic tree.
- Rarely recorded in dogs.
- Occurs primarily in kennels with earth runs or in dogs in contact with foxes, eg rural dogs, but occasionally urban dogs.
- Prevalence of infection in foxes in Europe and USA can reach 20-75%.
- Prevalence in foxes in Southern England recently recorded as 0.2%.
- Prevalence nationwide in USA is 0.4% (West 0.07%; South-east 0.72%).
- Many cases asymptomatic.
- Some may show an occasional cough.
- Occasionally moderate to severe rhinitis and/or tracheobronchitis that is rarely accompanied by bronchopneumonia.